Lincoln Hough is a dedicated, results-driven public servant – from his experience in various roles in Greene County to serving six years in the Missouri House of Representatives. Hough understands the needs of Springfield and has the proven ability to see that Greene County has a voice at the state level.
A Politician With
- Greene County Commissioner – 2nd District: 2016-2018
- Missouri House of Representatives: 2010-2016
- Greene County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Greene County Public Defender’s Office
- Cattle Farmer/ Small Business Owner
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Missouri State University
- Graduate of Hillcrest High School
- Appropriations – Revenue, Transportation, and Economic Development, Chairman
- Joint Committee on Real Property Tax Increment Allocation Redevelopment
- Joint Committee on Solid Waste Management District Operations
- Select Committee on Budget
- Conference Committee on Budget
- 2017 Biz 417 10 for the Next 10 Honoree
- 2015 Missouri Dental Association’s Legislative Excellence Award
- 2013 Missouri Ambulance Association’s Representative of the Year Award
- 2013 MO Professional Firefighters
- 2013 Legislator of the Year
- 2012 Missouri Farm Bureau Friend of Agriculture Award
- 2011 Missouri Community College Association Distinguished Legislator of the Year
A Look at the Issues
New job creation is essential to Missouri’s economic development. In order to create jobs, we have to consolidate and repeal costly and needless government regulations that deter business from Missouri. We also have to invest in a skilled workforce to create better-paying jobs that allow Missourians to support their families.
As a fourth-generation cattle farmer, Hough knows the value farming brings to Missouri and the unique needs of the farming community. Hough is dedicated to finding ways to improve farmers’ ability to operate when times are tough – a way to manage risk in the most cost-effective way possible.
Missouri’s future and economy is directly linked to the educational achievement of our workforce. Hough believes in continued investment in all levels of public education. As a long-time advocate for public education, he helped pass the largest increase in education funding in the state. Hough also supports giving teachers the flexibility to educate through innovation and creativity in the classroom.
We need a Missouri-based plan that works for Missourians and is affordable. Traditional insurance is unavailable or unaffordable for those with preexisting conditions. Which is why we need to re-establish the highly successful and bipartisan Missouri High Risk Plan.
“Lincoln Hough has been a long-time advocate for farmers and ranchers in southwest Missouri,” said Tom Huff, President of Greene County Farm Bureau and member of the Southwest Regional Endorsement Committee. “Lincoln has a proven record of service to the public and to agriculture. He shares the values of Missouri Farm Bureau members and we are looking forward to working with him as our next state Senator.”